Monday, December 31, 2007

lippy.

While in Boston a couple days ago, me and my comrade(along with some other friends) walked into an M-A-C make-up store, right. Along with having dark red glittery eyeshadow (EEKK!) put on one of my eyelids by L, she and I both applied some red lipstick on our lips. Surprisingly, we didn't look like clowns. Actually we didn't look half bad, if I do say so myself. And so I put it on today, to see if maybe, I don't know, it looks good enough to wear to a New Year's Eve Party tonight. It's my mum's but hey, it doesn't come off easily so I an kiss anyone at midnight. Like, that will ever happen. Ha.



Sorry for the crap photos. They didn't come out well with flash, because I was taking them in a mirror. I can only take pictures of myself in a mirror, otherwise I can't get the aim or the angle right and they look horrible. So, for now, I hope its alright that they are choppy mirror shots. Though, these photos don't show the real shade of the red. Ah, oh well.


This one I took on my mum's computer. Sorry for the whack facial expression. It's a habit of mine.
It's not that vibrant of a red, more darker really, but it looks much different than my normal lip color, which is quite paler. My sis thinks it looked alright, as did my mum. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight. But I really want to try a VERY VIBRANT red instead of dark. Maybe a little drive to the drug store is to be arranged, yes.


No, no this is not really lippy. Its a Marc Jacobs lipstick pen. Speaking of that brilliant man, me and my pallies, while in Boston stopped into the Marc Jacobs on Newbury Street and stared at the beautiful things. AND MADE SOME PURCHASES. Very small ones though. I bought a bag that said "Boston" and showed a picture of a cartoon rendering of the Boston Tea Party. I also got a cute cat keyring and an MJ key necklace. And me and L got Marc Jacobs bracelets for each other that say very loving phrases in LATIN (best language EVER) and gave them to each other as gifts. Awww.

We also noticed that Marc Jacobs sells condoms (at 1.50 each)! HA.


Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look absolutely stunning.

Unknown said...

Haha, I love the little note from Marc on the condoms!

Anonymous said...

very very pretty. i am too afraid to wear red lipstick outside of my own bathroom. :]

Weekly Blogette said...

ur lucky you can wear red lipstick!it can be very tricky, and hard to pull off. it looks nice on you though. Though thinking about it, the only other thing trickier than red lipstick is an intense lip stain!
p.s.check out my blog sometime

Anonymous said...

wow. that looks really good. i agree with amelia. i definitely cant do it. you really can.