Monday, December 17, 2007

silver bells.

I know my comrade has already posted something today but, I figured I'd be too busy tomorrow to post something, so I decided to post something today.
Here's what I wore out and about at Market Basket:
Comfy gray cropped sweater, STAR WARS tee shirt, dark jeans and some happenin' white socks. I stocked up on Annie's Mac & Cheese, Arthur shaped Mac & Cheese, white bread, and brownie mix. Not that you needed to know that, but whatever.
I also wore my Indiana Jones hat which looks something like this only more worn looking. And brown.




So then I "skiied" around the internet and found some cool hats on Urban Outfitters.



The top one is a simple fedora with a purty ribbon and the second one is a cocktail hat with feathers. I don't really know why I'd need a cocktail hat since the closest I've come to alcohol is sparkling cider. But, this just looks marvelous. I think it would be a good way to add panache to an outfit.
I found another adorable hat at fredflare.

Panda hat, sooooo cute.
Right, so my partner was complaining about her pirate boots not having enough traction, but I really want boots like hers because I cannot afford the nifty Moon Boots. Although I might try to save up for them. These are the boots I want and they are conveniently in my budget.
Delias.com and only $50! Hopefully the soles on them are better for snow and ice.

I cleaned out my drawers today and decided I needed lots more sweaters. Big comfy ones, and cute little cardigans, and I dunno warm stuff. And as we keep mentioning, BRIGHT tights, and jeans. And some good thick-ish skirts I can wear in the winter. Like neutral gray and black ones. You know, just in case I need to look extra nice. I made a pretty sick skirt out of ties and I've been meaning to alter a bunch of the things I have, taking up some hemlines, cutting up some turtlenecks, and I have some really nice vintage material in the shape of an unfortunate looking matronly dress. Hopefully I can work some magic before school starts and put some pictures up. That reminds me, I might be getting a dressmaker's mannequin which will be super helpful if I do get around to making stuff.
Um so now I'm going to go watch I Love Lucy.


Shazam.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

I never really got into the Star Wars series, but the shirt sure is cute!

LalaLiu said...

omg omg that PANDA hat!! i love it. I love pandas and i love hats. so if you put together I would love it even more :)

LDF said...

I love the "ratS sraW" shirt. I have a little collection myself.