Wednesday, December 26, 2007

here i come times square.

So Christmas is over, which is always kind of a bummer, for me its because my family has to make the 8 hour drive from New York back to Exeter, New Hampshire. Not so fun. But my sister and I occupied ourselves by watching DVDs on the DVD player in our car. And I listened to my new IPOD CLASSIC. I figured out how to work it and everything.

Along with that iPod I got an iHome, clothes galore, Daisy by Marc Jacobs (smells incredible), and tons and tons of other things for Christmas. So I am very thankful for everything.

This year for New Year's Eve, like countless times before, I will be heading up to the glamourous New York City for the count-down and ball drop. Oh god, last year it was really cold. But I must admit that the Time's Square thing has not always been a tradition for my family, we started it when I was 6 and I was sitting in my house cmplaining that I wanted to see the ball not on the TV this year. So my parents called up a babysitter for my wee sister and we made the short drive to the City and waited among the hundreds of thousands of people waiting to kiss their loved ones. Its always funny to look at the people sporting around the ugly eyeglasses that are in the shape of next year's digits and the atrocious headgear that is sold on New Year's Eve Day. And because from 2000 to 2009 there are two zeroes present in the middle of the year's numbers, that makes a perfect place to put the eye holes for those wonderful glittery glasses. Oh boy, what WILL we do in 2010?

And I think that this year marks the 100th year that that wonderful Waterford crystal ball will be dropped. Oh boy oh boy. But this won't be as big as the 2 million people that were crowded in the city during the millenium. That was a living hell. We were like on, 59th street (where you can't even see anything.). Psh. Whateverrr.

I'm stoked. Oh yeah, in the picture from last year I circled the spot where I think I was standing. I know we were a little ahead of the McDonalds (gross.) and we had and incredible view. WOO.

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Be an all-around better person. That means, no talking about people while they are not present, no gossiping, no bithcy things. Period. This may be hard. Just remember to be nice.

2. Find out who I am style-wise. Develop a personal style is what I mean.

3. Diet. NO, NO. Not go on a diet. Improve mine. No I don't want to go back to eating meat after almost 3 years of this vegetarian thing. But both my mum and I are concerned with my eating habits. So, eat healthier.

Oh boy 2008, I hope you're as good to me as 2007 was. Maybe even better. Please be better actually.

Now me and my blog partner will wait for our fall term grades which are coming out soon. God, help us. And give me some alcohol (lollerskates). Well, at least our winter term schedules are coming out too. Hope they're good. Wish us luck!

No comments: