Saturday, July 26, 2008

working girl.



So work kinda sucks the fun out of life (much like Toby sucks the fun out of the Office) and by fun I mean time for me to goof off at home and not shelf-read. On a rare weekend that I don't sit on my butt at home, my friend from Hautest Style and I checked out a bakery for our birthday cake and explored the local thrift stores. We found some great stuff at a Church basement and a brand new thrift store (I don't think I've ever seen a new thrift store so that was exciting). 
But it's more fun for me (and hopefully for you) to parcel out these cool things day by day so there are actually new posts to read instead of the same old same old.
Voila! Outfit #1!

Waiting for something...
looking nervously to my right...
running from something scary...
being Superman obviously.
Sweet bag I picked up at the new thrift store. Hope the faux crocodile isn't too much.
Button shoes from Delia's clearance. Thinking about taking the buttons off so they can go with more outfits. Opinions?

by the way...
Sweater - forever 21
Shorts - american eagle
Scarf - church basement

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the scarf and old lady bag!

i'm glad you liked maggie too. Although she isn't as conventionally beautiful as Katie, there's something about Maggie's unique face, real body, and attitude that makes her gorgeous. She is just sexy, sassy, and actually smart which is quite rare these days in Hollywood, & something that is necessary for the character of Rachel Dawes to be a convincing lawyer & lover to both batman & dent (& katie definitely doesn't have that quality). I like how Maggie dares to do different controversial movies, she is immensely talented, witty, and down to earth. so glad you now can prove this to your friends too :)

..... said...

oh it's funny cuz it seems like i've seen this guy before !

WendyB said...

I love the buttons on the shoes.

LCL said...

I LOVE TOBY FLENDERSON!

Couture Carrie said...

Cute look! I say leave the buttons on...
Love the Office reference, btw
And I see you are a polyvore addict like me :)
Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments - visit often!!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog! great scarf!

would you be interested in swapping links? Let me know!

Hannah said...

Wow—amazing bag. I quite like it with a more casual outfit. And the shoes are cute, with or without buttons!

P.S. I linked you!