Sunday, July 27, 2008

love/loathe

Happy Sunday, all. And to celebrate this wonderful, gray, rainy, wet, day I've decided its time for another C's Love/Loathe List.

Love: Ruffles. I saw them on another blog, whose name I am blanking, sorry and realized, ah yes, I adore ruffles as well.



Christian Siriano from Project Runway liked ruffles too.


Love:
Feathers. Love them. Some nice plumage in the hair never hurt anyone. Actually seeing some photos of people with feathers in their hair makes me want to go outside and rip some off a bird flying by. Vicious, I know.



Upon telling my mother about my love for feathers in the hair she responded with,"it's probably your Native American side coming out." She's right, I think.


Love:
Blazers. And I must find a way to get them into my closet for fall. Must, must, must have at least two, maybe three I'm thinking.



Love:
The summer scarf. Beautiful. The celebs are doing it, I've done it occasionally. My partner in crime is doing it. Here are some scarves from Anthropologie and Hermes.



Love:
Friendship Bracelets (I apologize for 1. the veiny masculine hands and 2. for such blurry/shitty pictures, I'm back in NH for a couple days but I left my camera at my summer home in NY, so you'll have to deal with camera phone pictures, sorry) They let you know you actually have friends. You can look down at your wrists while you're moping around and say to yourself, oh yes! I DO HAVE FRIENDS. Plus they're purty.

My left hand is cluttered (a little too much so) with bracelets made by a friend in NH, my little sister, and some friends in NY. And my right hand bears bracelets made from my sister and best friend in NY. I don't know which is my favorite.



Love: Wesley from Project Runway. I loved Wesley and I hold a little part for him in my heart even though it was the second episode. He was adorable and I had the same Marc Jacobs bag as him (he used to work there). I mean, his first dress was delightful but this one from this challenge was not so much, but I mean, HEY, HE DIDN'T PICK OUT THE FABRIC. But I guess that's no excuse. Oh, Wesley.



Love: Guillemots. An English rock band that started in 2004 and have been nominated for a couple awards. I'm totally in love with them. The members are Fyfe Dangerfield, MC Lord Magrao, Aristazabal Hawkes, and Greig Stewart. The sweetest names I've ever heard. In love with their songs "Trains to Brazil" and "Made Up Love Song #43." They are amazing and have a lot of meaning. Ch-ch-ch-check check 'em out. W-w-w-what they're all about.


Shit, this always happens. I don't loathe much now. Even though the weather has been dreadful, I feel fantastic. Oh, I do have one thing I loathe.

Loathe: All the fuss about Manny Ramirez. He's not my favorite player on the Red Sox (Lowell, 25) but I LOVE MANNY. I know he told ESPN he wanted to be traded and to what team, he didn't care.

I DO, however believe he IS injured. I know he does this a lot, but I actually think he is injured this time. Although they X-rayed him for injuries, some things don't show up there. I mean, like, pain doesn't.

I love you, Manny and if you do trade, I hope you end up one of my two next favorite teams. The Bluejays or the Mets. And not in the dreaded hands of those...Yankees.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo blazers are a closet staple of mine & i love summer scarves though my dad doesn't understand they're fashion related and always gives me crap for wearing scarves in the summer haha

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

love ruffles!!it is so lively

Sydneydoll said...

i also like jackets.

ps:
the strokes are fantastic.

LCL said...

C, where are we going to find fantastic blazers?
I've got a burning desire that can only be cured with Ralph Lauren

Fashion Addict said...

I love ruffles to, there's something about them that make an outfit look more high fashion.

BTW, would you like to do a link exchange with my blog?

Anonymous said...

i am a huge wesley fan as well. sad to see him go like that. the blazers in the post are great and i love the second one especially!

Kylie said...

Was the ruffles thing you saw from "the right hypotenuse"? I think I saw it there too.

Hannah said...

Haha I completely agree with your whole list! Especially the part about Manny!