Monday, June 15, 2009

serendipitous

In my summer gross weather boredom I was perusing Style.com and found the Christian Dior Spring Couture Collection. And it reminded me a little bit of My Fair Lady. Big, whimsical skirts, intricate designs peeking out from underneath, and sumptuous fabrics. Plus, giant hats/hair pieces!

I love the shorter skirt in front and longer in back. It's like a display foe the shoes. This dress in particular is a little Asian-looking to me. I think the top reminds me of a kimono...
This just looks like a piece of candy curled up on a teacup or something.
That pattern underneath totally looks like a design from a china plate.
Same thing. Blue on white = fancy.
Love the bows.

These last two are kind of similar. But the swirling of the skirt is really unique. It looks as if the designer has made huge circle of fabric at the bottom that just perfectly attaches to the rest of the dress without looking like an unwieldy hoop.
Ooh, and the lace-up hair on the model you can see walking away is neat-o.

Pip pip cheerio!
L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice connection, very MFL indeed!

Jack McCready said...

When dior does prints they always turn out great, thanks for sharing.

youngandbonafied.com