Saturday, June 13, 2009

hey ho, let's go.


Okay, okay. I may in fact be obsessed with Peru, but hear me out. I was watching the History Channel the other day and they had this show about the Nazca Lines. You know, those giant drawings that you can only see from an airplane?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But this is not about the Nazca Lines. There are these rocks called the "Ica Stones" that have drawings of complex medical procedures and people living with dinosaurs and some lost continent. At first I was like: "Whoa man! Real life Dinotopia! Swell!" But then I did some more research on good old Wikipedia and discovered they are in fact considered a hoax. Which I immediately should have realized once they mentioned people+dinosuars, but I'm gullible. The Professor who began collecting them believes that some extraterrestrials lived with dinosaurs and then genetically engineered the human race. Whack-a-doo. And a little too close to Indiana Jones IV.
So, here are some pictures to prove their awesomeness regardless of the craziness.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Wee!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Phew! Had to get that out of my system. Now, to fashion!
So there's this band called Coconut Records that our good friend over at Coffee Milk
absolutely adores. Basically, Jason Schwartzman cranks out a bunch of awesome tunes and gets guest stars like Zooey Deschanel and Kirsten Dunst. In short, the band has some great merchandise. Very cute. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Definitely worth picking up. And the music is great too! Check out West Coast and Summer Day.

4 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Fab post, darling!
And I loooove how you spelled out "OMG" on your comment :)

xoxox,
CC

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Peru definitely looks like a cool place to visit. I really want to see the stone heads at Easter Island one day...

Emilie said...

I am going to be extremely irritated if it rains on Tuesday and our beach plans are destroyed but if you have any alternative ideas then let me know...also, those lace-up sandals are pretty sick and yes Coconut Records does own.

Irfan Nazir said...

I think there was no rain on Tuesday
it certification