Thursday, June 11, 2009

kings of the wild frontier


Want to go to Peru? Be sure to dress ridiculously impractical but super rad, kay? Check out those heels in the second picture. I don't even know what's going on there but it looks like multi-colored vines wrapped around her calves and I lovee shoes that come up the leg.

Oh, don't mind me. I'm on my way to Machu Picchu. Yeah, I though this cool ballerina skirt would, you know, cushion my fall if I fell. Oh, and these geometric-y tights? GREAT for confusing predators.

In all seriousness, the flouncy skirts look great with the bootie heels.
Now, what I really wanted to talk about was a general trend that I see around. I would label it as "tribal" or something but that doesn't really cover everything. I would put everything from harem pants to turquoise cuffs in that category. There's Peru style purses, lots of layers, colorful vests, tribal patterns, little bit of Native American thrown in. Whatever it is, it looks like something I want in a summer wardrobe. So here are some things I would include.

Pretty pink top by BB Dakota. The neck bit is quite unique. A simple way to stand out.
Here is an example of the Peru purses I was talking about. I have one that my aunt actually got me in Ecuador I believe and it has a wee little llama on it. Perfect for holding my camera.
This is a nifty little dress form Forever 21 with a geometric/tribal pattern on the bottom that I really like. And it's a steal for $17.80.
Nice little v-neck from Urban Outfitters with a "navajo" pattern.
Giraffe tights, also from Urban Outfitters.

Two tanks in different colors. again featuring a kind of "navajo" pattern. Also from Urban Outfitters.
Lovely cuff bracelet with turquoise stones. They (Urban Outfitters, of course) also have other colored stones that look just as good. I think the cuff bracelet suits me better than the bangle style bracelets because I'm always afraid bangles will fall off. Cuffs are good because you can bend them a bit to better fit your wrist/arm.
"Geo-tribal" tee from Delia's.

Louis Vuitton. They have those nice big statement necklaces and really nifty, almost obi style belts.


J Crew even gets in on the act with a neat pleated top and studded gladiator sandals.

ttyl,
L

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right the photos are half ridiculous and half just awesome high fashion

i need those giraffe tights hehe

Arielle said...

nice pics! I love the turquoise bracelet

I have to start blogging again!! gahh I miss it

Couture Carrie said...

Love this entire post, especially the giraffe print tights!!

xoxox,
CC

Monica said...

Nice tribal picks. The shoes in that 2nd picture really are amazing.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Loving the tribal tee.
Beautiful blog.

Isabel said...

Hahaha! That editorial is a little ridiculous but I love it anyways!