Sunday, June 7, 2009

back in business.




Hey readers!

Summer is finally here! Our school just finished its graduation ceremonies today and the seniors are on their way to the real world. And I am here watching my latest Blockbuster DVD (He's Just Not That Into You) and trying to liven up our blog for vacation.
So, this summer I have failed miserably at finding a summer job. In my eagerness to find something new and different from my library job last year, I held out until the end of school hoping some ice cream parlor would hire me as a scooper. Didn't pan out. So now I'm looking for a job.
BUT on the positive side I get to go to Cape Cod in August and maybe Texas to visit a friend if I can find the cash for a plane ticket. AND I'm going to Stratford, England for a term abroad in the fall! Yay! Totally gonna check out that Top Shop action in between Shakespeare plays.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(love those canvas brogues)

Alrighty! Now I have a summer playlist with some rad tunes.

1. San Berdoo Sundburn - Eagles of Death Metal
Very chill. No death metal involved. Fuzzy guitars. Good for driving.
2. My Girl - The Temptations
Adorable song. Great way to start the summer off dancing around to soothing voices.
3. Lisztomania - Phoenix
Dance party! This is from their new album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. I have to describe this as fluffy. Quite fun.
4. A Bower Scene - The Decemberists
Okay so this is also from a new album The Hazards of Love. It's really preparation for those inevitable summer rainstorms. Kind of sad sounding but it has some epic guitar. Also, I love how Decemberists albums tell a story.
5. Love Shack - The B-52's
Ca-lassic. Used to listen to this all the time in 4th grade.
6. A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
7. Under African Skies - Paul Simon
Supah mellow. Good times hanging in the back of a truck with a cold Coca-Cola.
8. China Cat/Sunflower - Grateful Dead
Also mellow. Good for sleeping in the grass.
9. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
Such a goood song for cruising.
10. Around the Bend - Asteroid Galaxy Tour
Definitely must be blasted while at a stoplight. 
11. Bottoms Up - Keke Palmer
Lo-ver-ly song for jumping around with pals.
12. I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins
Yesss Caddyshack. Really makes me want to hang out with Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murray.
13. Paper Planes - M.I.A.
Cool beans.
14. Two Coins - Dispatch
Good for summer nights.
15. Baiao Destemperado - Barbatuques
Super weird song. I don't even know. But it sounds great. Trust me.
16. Summer Wind - Michael Buble
Ah yes. Classy Michael Buble. So nice to hear this anywhere, anytime.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So yeah! I will actually post about fashion soon and maybe Miss C will post as well.
TTFN,
L

2 comments:

Emilie said...

yess risky businesss...I approve (obvs you are well aware of my obsession)

ok you don't understand how sunburned I got..damn you and your cardigans

Anonymous said...

I was using Google Blog search to find recommendations for my own summer playlist and came across this blog entry. I'm familiar with Phoenix from other songs, but hadn't heard Lisztomania yet. That's a keeper. I like "Around the Bend" as well. So thanks for the recs!

- Christy