Sunday, August 10, 2008

I got soul but I'm not a soldier


Sorry for the lack of blogging, I've got so caught up in the Olympics. Michael Phelps is insane and the Korean archers had pink bows and winnie the pooh/hello kitty arm braces. Oh and Crew was fantastic.
So my good friend over at Hautest Style tagged me for a little survey thing and I am going to just yammer about some other stuff after that.

-Copy the rules
-Write 14 "small things" that make me happy
-Select 6 blogs so that they continue the survey

14 Little Things

1. the Olympics (I never usually watch sports, but something about the Olympics just compels me to watch everything)
2. reading Russian (there is a tiny satisfaction in being able to read something in another language, half of which employs letters that look like letters or other English letters)
3. bagels from my school's dining hall (I don't know what they are but a toasted wheat bagel at school is better than any other)
4. watching Indiana Jones (the theme is awesome and it's action-y and it's in the perfect time period and Harrison Ford is swell)
5. going on a music buying spree on iTunes 
6. watching the Office
7. finishing a book
8. finishing homework a day ahead
9. biking/running with my dog
10. making To-Do lists
11. singing and dancing along with musicals
12. looking at pretty buildings
13. laughing so hard that I cry/can't breathe (and then sharing that emotion with someone else)
14. finding treasures in the attic

I tag anyone who feels like sharing!


I love this picture by the way. 

Okay. Let's get down to business. (To defeat the Huns)
On the 16th I'm leaving for Cape Cod and I don't know if I'll be posting so I will try to post every day before then.

So I have this preppy/casual fantasy of Cape Cod and that will only pan out if the weather is nice. I will now present a Polyvore collage highlighting the aspects I envision.


Something like that. (Fingers crossed

Also, on the subject of the Olympics (and the inspiration of Ralph Lauren) some of the nations were dressed pretty spiffy (U.S. included) and others played it more casual that I would have liked.

Japan kind of looked like airline stewards/stewardesses, but still sharp.
Spain looks a bit like ketchup and mustard but their hats totally make up for it.
Great Britain looks clean cut in sliver blazers and navy pants.

Also:
Hungary's crazy floral print dresses looked ready for a tea party. The newsboy caps on America was too much. Overall France was my favorite. And one country wore baggy denim shorts and like orange shirts but I can't remember who it was but I do remember thinking too casual.


And now what Project Runway thought America should wear:


The first one is too scary and tight fitting. The second one is too shiny/not flatterin genough for everyone. The third one is very cute, but doesn't appear to have that much to do with USA.

The first one here is just too much stuff. The hat and the scarf and the leggings, if removed, would maybe make the outfit better. The second one has way to short a skirt and the third one is decent but something about it isn't Olympic.

The first one here is really 80's to me and also wouldn't flatter most. The second one is just not American at all. And the third one I like the best so far. It's simple and clean cut and has a flattering cut for athletic bodies.

I also like this first one because, again, it's simple and representative. The second is one is way too tight and scary Olympic dominatrix. The last one is also cute and it would be fine by me if it represented the US.

Meh.

Favorite:s the third outfit in the third row and the first one in the fourth row.

Last thing. Olympic cuties!



[David Boudia: diver, Michael Phelps: swimmer]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U've got an interesting blog!Will be checking it out often!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

OOoh, I need to get Bravo so I can watch Project Runway again. So many of these looks were so off and not Olympic at all!

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Hi from Paris,

i just discovered your blog and your style : great, well done !

i think that you may like my Paris street style blog.
if you look for some inspiration from the parisian girls, be my guest.

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS

Chantelle said...

I'm Canadian, but I've been biting my nails for Michael Phelps since he started. I'm praying for his 8 golds!

1234 said...

ohh man michael phelps is so damn sexy.