Sunday, August 31, 2008

the general.


Hello World! As C said we've been woefully lacking in posts but we appreciate your comments on the posts that have been up forever. Since my last post about a bajillion (SAT vocab) things have happened. I went to Cape Cod as I mentioned and picked up amazing things from their thrift shops that I can't wait to show you, I learned the joys of foam curlers, traveled to fair Boston and picked up several nifty items, yanked the rug out of my room and cleaned every inch of my living space, made a radical feather headband, studied PSAT vocabulary, threw a 16.3 birthday party for myself and two friends, and finally opened an eBay account. Whew! Anyway I was very busy and not just lollygagging around avoiding blogging. I've got a lot to say before school starts and blogging takes a backseat so get ready for a whirlwind of photos and opinions!

For now I will leave you with pictures of the amazing Boston and a very cool hat from a Chatham thrift store.

















 This post was named after a very good silent movie with Buster Keaton. He is an engineer you see and his train is called "The General." His love interest has gorgeous, messy silent movie curls so I trussed my hair up in a bunch of curlers and after a fitful night came up with this!

No comments: