Monday, August 18, 2008

fall wish lisst


College visits. I'm on college visits. I'm only about to be a junior but my mom insists we start now. Eh, Why not? I've visited NYU, Columbia, Ithaca, Syracuse, Hamilton, Hobart, Cornell, and Colgate. Colgate has been my absolute favorite and I totally, definitely, MUST go there. Their campus is b-e-a-utiful (even though its in the rural upstate New York, but, hey, I'm used to it). And they have a Division I track team which I am so stoked about. But that's why I've been so occupied and, like always, L has been writing all the posts.

Here's my fall list so far.

1. A trenchcoat. I dig 'em. And I know some of my friends, including L, I think were lusting after trenchcoats too. They're perfect for fall temperature and I'm hoping to get one before the cold weather swoops down on New England.
2. I would love to have a satchel-y bag. I think I saw one in the Urban Outfitters in New York City. But I would really like a vintage Dooney and Bourke one. The one above I found on eBay and its totally wicked.
3. Plaid shirts. Maybe its my inner lumberjack. I think it is. But, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I sleep all night and I work all day.
4. Some hella' sweet cords. I got some vibrant green ones from J. Crew but I totally want some yellow ones from J. Crew too. I also have some gray ones from last year, also from J. Crew. I love corduroys.
5. cardigans cardigan cardigans. I have like 3 white ones from J. Crew and a long gray one from H.M. but cardigans are just so hip, and perfect for fall. Gotta' stay warm, eh?
6. Some sweet boots. Like those ones from Urban Outfitters. Boots are so in for fall and you gotta' love 'em. I have a dark brown pair of "pirate boots" (as my mother affectionately calls them) like the ones in the picture above. I really want a deep purple pair. I mean, what's not to love about boots. Except the fact that they are made out of animal skin. Ick.
7. A pair of yellow suede flats. J. Crew (god, that's all I've been talking about lately) used to have a great pair but they sold out, even in my size 10 feet. Crazy shiiiit.

So, it looks like the colour for me this fall is yellow. And its weird. I was watching the Olympics and I looked at Usain "Lightening" Bolt's Jamaican track uniform and I was like, dang, yellow, tha's a good color. That's how it started for me, so whack. But, yellow, dig it?

C

P.S. GO TEAM U.S.A.! (except I'm also routing for Croatia and Ireland due to my family members putting so much pressure on me.) So, IĆI HRVATSKI! And ERIN GO BRAGH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as crazy as your mother's college visiting vendetta might seem now, I found it extremely helpful that I started looking in junior year. I got a good idea of what I was really looking for when I actually saw schools as opposed to just read about them. Because as stupid as it sounds, you do really have an instinctual feeling when you visit a campus. For me either alarm bells went off of how much I hated everything or I started to envision myself going there. Its always good to find at least one college you really loathe too, that way you get an idea of your limits. I also found it helpful because you'll be ahead of all of your peers when you hit the senior yr application time. You'll know where you're applying and can concentrate on essays, whereas your friends may still be narrowing down choices. And if you have some idea of what you want when you apply it will much easier to pick your actual college. sorry that was a super long comment about college visits, but it really is beneificial to see them now.

i love your fall shopping list, very practical. trenches are warm, waterproof, and always classic. i have a few yellow flats myself and they do really instantly make an outfit pop. and i love cardigans this fall too, so good for layering!

Couture Carrie said...

Love all these ideas, especially the bright jeans and flat boots. Yay fall!!

xoxox,
CC

Arielle said...

I'm assuming Clare because of all the NY colleges and I know i've started too and AHHHHH. This year -oh man. we're never going to be able to sleep.
On a more fun note we have practically the same wishlist. Have you seen the Delia's catalog it's AMAZINGGGGG.

Anonymous said...

stop wishing. wear that look now :)