Wednesday, March 19, 2008

printmaking is the shiz.








Winter term I took a printmaking class to fulfill my art requirement and it was the best thing since sliced bread. We did all sorts of prints like linoleum blocks and such but silkscreen was the best. (Hello Andy Warhol) What I did wasn't nearly as cool as that but the technology behind it is really fascinating. Anyway, I managed to make some neat-o tee shirts: two versions of Fred Astaire and Indiana Jones. The first tee in the blue is kind of creepy because I messed up and like printed it twice or something. He looks like he has fangs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi lucy, its clare.

i love your bangs. and your shirts. and i love all your prints. even the one of the joker on your bag that came out funny.

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I love the Fred Astaire ones! Good choices for screenprints.

saray said...

those shirts are really cute!

Wendy said...

The second tee is fantastic!