Thursday, March 13, 2008

bada bing.

Bada boom. I was looking through this foto decadent thing of vintage models and found a bunch of the 50's styles that reminded me of skinny jeans outfits today. They have big baggy tops and then thin little skirts. I'm amazed that they could actually walk in those.



Modern counterparts-ish:

It makes sense too. I mean you want to balance out the skinny jeans with a bigger top so it looks like you actually have clothes on. Some jeans I've seen are so skinny I swear they were painted on. Much like the guy from the Shel Silverstein poem who got his suit tattooed on.

Anyway, too tight jeans, it just looks like the legs need to break free.
Last word:
This is what I want for spring...


A sweet little frock with nautical ribbon details and a brilliant patterned trench coat. If I had the money I would most definitely pick up these ones form Caroline Herrera.














I also reeeeally like these necklines I found in a Luca Luca runway show. They remind of V for Vendetta which I haven't seen in forever. I'd never heard of them before but the hats with the dresses is smashing.









Alright, well the last thing I wanted was a sick nasty jumpsuit from the Chanel resort collection but Blogger is being stupid and won't post the pictures. So you should totally check out style.com for the cool jumpsuits!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the randomness of your posts, they're so fun to read!