Sunday, January 27, 2008

things I want.

Our school has been so nice to us and has given us a long weekend. Which actually means we get TWO days, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY as our weekend because usually we are plagued with the dreaded Saturday classes. But anyway, on this long weekend among many other things (going to a college hockey game, a sleepover, and eating too much food) I saw the movie Atonement, and my god, is that a beautiful movie. Its so good. Robbie is hot. Keira Knightley looks gorge, as usual, and there is a character with a really cool name, Briony.


Now, I won't tell you of anything in the movie, but you simply must see it.

So anyway, getting to the actual title of this blog. While watching the moment I realized I wanted two things, one of them being a tempestuous romance, and the other being a beautiful dress. The outfits in the movie were rather beautiful.

























It really is such a good movie. I love wartime romance movies. They're so, well romantic. And the cast works so greatly together. Not to mention, James McAvoy is very rather hot in this movie. Too bad he is totally digging Keira Knightley.



And if I can't have one of Keira Knightley's dresses I can most certainly deal with this dress from Anthropologie which is absolutely lovely.



A while ago, I was sitting in my bedroom and I was like, you know what would be so cool? Glasses. And I realized I wanted glasses, crazy, eh? I know. But then I considered getting fake glasses. Like these ones from American Apparel.



Or these ones. No, just kidding.


But then I realized that everyone at my school knows I don't actually need glasses, so if I just came in with a fake pair, then they would know something's odd. So then I gave up on that idea. Then, a couple weeks later I went to get a physical at the doctors office and she claimed that the vision in my right eye was "stupendous" but my left eye was "atrocious." Hearing this, I covered my right eye and looked through my left only and realized I could read nothing on the posters in her office. I had never noticed before. And the vision utilizing both my eyes is rather okay. But the doctor said I actually needed glasses.

So this weekend, I went out to the eye doctor with my mum and ordered glasses. I wanted a pair of Marilyn Monroe's giant cateyed glasses from "How to Marry a Millionaire" but alas, they were none to be found.


I ended up getting ones that are similar to this.


Boring, I know, but there were really no great ones. I mean, there were like only 2 red pairs and a few purples, but nothing really exciting there.

Now, I'm off to do homework, all of which I saved for Sunday night.
P.S. GO GIANTS!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glasses? Lucky! Too bad they didn't have any real geek glasses there - you should try to find a pair, though!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those are similar to the ones I recently was forced to get! It is hard to find really interesting ones that aren't expensive.
And I'm also dreaming of a little romantic dress for spring.

Isabel said...

Hooray for glasses! I wear 'em. I have to though, because I'm blind as a bat.

some beeeyotch said...

i'm also disappointed that james macavoy is taken (although not by keira knightley, but another british actress). also, i know a couple of people that purchased vintage glasses and had their prescriptions put in. i imagine that would be a bit pricey, though.