Sunday, January 6, 2008

metallic/shiny/randomly awesome stuff.

Haven't posted in a while because school just restarted and me and C have had loads of work to do among other more fun things. So Sunday, Sunday, Sunday I'm going to rant about pretty things.

This is a pretty metallic Vera Wang dress. I wasn't so sure about some pieces in this collection, but I really liked this dress with the drapey silhouette. And it looks really comfy.
These are just some sweet silver flats with a hidden wedge from Delia's. The black ribbon is super cute. In short: adorable. Also, square (ish) toe, nice.
Converse! Converse alone are some of the best sneakers out there, but when you add sequins, how could they not be better? I have some metallic silver Converse, but I have got a hankering for sequins . The only problem is sequins, in my experience, are tricky because they fall off a lot.

Some other stuff to mention is the John Gallliano spring collection I saw on style.com. I liked the carnival atmosphere and it kind of reminded me of the Notebook, which as much as I hate to admit it, is a terribly good movie even though it has one of the worst endings ever. It is up there with the old Italian Job's ending. I highly recommend both though.
So yeah, the dresses are pretty and feminine and light and they look fun to wear.

The dress below I think is from Blumarine. I liked the pattern and the color (they also had it in yellow and pink).
Okay, I did not like the Dsquared runway show very much, although I have to admit some of their outfits weren't so bad. Not only were some of the models bra-less in sheer stuff which I'm not a big fan of, some of them were holding cigarettes which was just weird.

This is a neat-o little necklace from Fred Flare. I think it should come with a little key that matches that you can give away to whomever you please. 
These are rad Risky Business sunglasses from Fred Flare as well. We have mentioned these a couple times before, but C and I will be purchasing the white and blue ones, respectively. They are wicked cheap ($10) and look bodacious so I think it will be fun to sport these at school in the spring and watch people drool over them.

This is a funny, cute tee from Threadless that is a design that has to be voted to be printed. So I hope a bunch of people say they want this shirt because I certainly do! For some reason jockeys and horse racing fascinate me. Last summer or the summer before I read Seabiscuit and saw the movie and loved them both and it really made me want a horse.

Last, but certainly not least, some sick shoes from Delia's. I think I'd like them a tad better if they had the detailing all around the edge of the shoe, but they still rock.
Last for serious, Ewan McGregor! I just watched Moulin Rouge last week and remembered how awesome he is. Enjoy!




No comments: